By Janette Osvay, Professional, award-winning Photographer at Janette Osvay Photography
Studies have shown that people can recall 65% of the visual content they see in comparison to about 10% of written content almost three days later.
Adding a photo to your LinkedIn profile makes you 36 times more likely to receive a message on LinkedIn, and LinkedIn profiles with a profile photo receive 21 times more views than those without a profile photo.
A new study published in Social Psychological and Personality Science found that someone’s first impressions of you from a photograph are likely to stick, even after you meet in-person.
THE 5 MAIN REASONS WHY:
- Your image is the first impression of you on your LinkedIn or other social media profile and in your resume. It might be your only shot to catch the attention of the viewer. In this fast paced digital world people often don’t have the patience to read the whole resume, only a few lines maybe. You have to have a good reason for them to keep reading.
2. You have to look professional if you want to be treated as a professional. Simple as that.
3. You will stand out from the crowd with a good quality professional headshot. Potential employers will remember those who have an impressive profile image. It is easier for them to put a face to the name.
4. It also shows that you took the effort and made the small investment to look professional, because you take yourself, potential employers and your career seriously.
5. What sort of photos would someone find if they would type your name in Google? You have to make sure that they find professional profile images as well.
Still, many people use poor quality photos of themselves, taken with their mobile phones.
A professional photographer can help you with styling your wardrobe and image, finds the best angle, pose and lighting setup for you and does professional image processing (editing) if necessary. In Janette Osvay Photography studio they even offer professional makeup and hair styling for ladies.
You might need a set of profile images for different platforms and purposes. You will need a differently styled image for your resume, website, Facebook banner, Instagram profile, business card or an article in a magazine about your work. Janette Osvay Photography can style all these for you and capture images that match each purpose best.
Book your photo shoot today! Mention olivetree marketing, and receive 10% off!